Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Friday, April 2, 2010

QUESTION FOR MUSLIMS

I have a question for any and all Muslims who might be inspecting this new blog. I notice that you chaps call yourselves soldiers, servants or slaves of Allah. In the beginning of the Gospel of John, (1:12) it says, "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God....children....born of God."
Now, it seems to me that a faith which promises this is a definite step up from one where you refer to yourselves as slaves, servants or soldiers of your God. Or is this just a linguistic confusion? I need to say here, albeit with regret, that believing in Jesus as a Prophet doesn't quite cut it as 'believing in his name'. Yes, I know you believe in the Virgin Birth; well and good. I also know that the 2nd Sura in the Koran asks, "Does God need children?" I agree, He doesn't--but need ain't the point. God wants us as His sons and daughters; chew that over a while.
I don't care who roars and snarls and waves their swords and daggers at me. Nor do I care about anyone's religious senstivities being wounded by my honest questions. A robust faith welcomes honest challenges and questions; only a so-called faith already on the verge of collapse either resents and/or fears such challenges and so far as I'm concerned, any threats coming my way from this post just show the cowardice and weakness of those doing the threatening.
I will not desist because of threats, but I will at least try to answer honest questions and meet honest challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment